Monday, August 22, 2011

Dying and going to heaven

Unless you are from France, you know the bestie and I went to see Adele in Las Vegas last weekend.

I have no words for the amazingness that occurred in Las Vegas, while disasters brewed in the AZ.

Upon our arrival we were told our room was to be upgraded. Serious bonus considering we picked our hotel (Bill's) for the convenient location and $100 price tag. Unfortunate considering it was our shortest stay in LV ever and it was just the two of us.

Relaxing on the sectional.

Master bath

View from the dining room.

Same view at night.

View from the potty.
I've always liked gaming and the breakfast at Bill's, but now it will be my choice for staying. Those people LOVE working there and were ridiculously nice. It was actually creepy at times.

After relaxing we were on our way to The Cosmopolitan for a special night with Adele.
Dressed as a cliched versions of ourselves. Erin in stripes; me in animal print.
We were excited to check out The Cosmopolitan, since it is pretty new. Spoiler: this place sucks beyond suck--we got totally lost due to the lack of signage, douchebags galore populated the place, and we almost died after the concert when they blocked all exits then herded hundreds of people down two escalators.

If I had died on the escalator underneath a 6'3" 300+ pound gorilla, I would have gone happy, because I had just left the sweet sounds of my favorite British songstress.


Considering she only has two albums, she sang nearly every song. She added her cover of Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make you Love Me", which has had a firm spot on my top 20 since junior high.

Before leaving, B had expressed often how sad he was that I was going to Adele without him. He luurrves her. However, he was particularly pathetic before I left and when I came home he had full blown croup. He was so sick he didn't even want to see my bootleg version of his favorite song, "Rumor Has It". Very sad face.

In the end, though, it was the best concert I had ever been to. I am so glad I got to share it with Erin. What a year we are having: Lady Gaga and Adele.

1 comment:

Renee said...

This sounds like the best time. I'm so happy when people get to go to their Dream Concerts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...