Sunday, May 6, 2012

Free Weekend

As usual it was a productive weekend, thanks to my handy husband. If you follow me on Pinterest, you know the theme of the weekend as my pinning of garden shit was out of control.

My garden is getting pretty serious. I've planted tomatoes, watermelon, habanero, rosemary, and zucchini. Except for a waning tomato plant, I haven't killed a thing, yet! I have planted all of these things in much too small a place, so something will have to go.

As my gardening is going pretty well, I decided to create more garden real estate, so I pointed to a picture of a easy-peasy raised garden on the Internet and then all of the scrap wood in the garage. Then Jeff cut it all up, handed me the drill and pointed to it and made me put it together. Halfway through I started getting sweat in my eye and pouted and he finished the job.

It looks like this, except I only have one.
via anythingpretty.com
Then we took three minutes and made a compost pail. It looks like this, except mine is brown and has spray paint remnants since I use it to prop my projects.
via thehappyhousewife.com
I also made a countertop compost pail from a coffee container I was graciously gifted from my dad. I printed a list of compost dos and donts for easy reference.
My dad goes through two of these bad boys a month.
(Side note: that mason jar contains my homemade disinfectant. Chopped lemons covered with vinegar, sit for two weeks, strain and pour into spray bottle. Clean!)

The great thing is it was all free. This means we either have way too much stuff or we love to repurpose. It's a little bit of both, actually.


1 comment:

The Wilkins' said...

happy gardening! i totally remember your dad's office always smelling like coffee:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...