Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cash baby, a letter

I was going through draft blog posts. I found this one and for the life of me I can't remember why I didn't post it. Probably because life becomes exponentially busy with a new baby. 

I feel bad, because I often feel like B has more to reflect on--I mean, I address it in this letter.

So, Cash, I am sorry. I hope you don't think there isn't much here for you because we weren't thoughtful, just think that it's because we were busy enjoying you.

*****************************

Dear Cash,

I hope someday you have a chance to come back and read through this blog and happen upon this letter. Wherever you are in your life when you read this, whether you are a teenager or have kids of your own, I hope you know how loved you are. If there is something I want to succeed at with flying colors, it is making sure my kids know they are loved.

I know second born babies feel like they wander around in the shadow of their older siblings, but there are many things that are special about you. First of all, you made me really appreciate being a mom. I know that might seem odd since I was a mom to your brother before you, but you made me slow down and appreciate each moment of being a mom. When your brother was a baby I couldn't wait for the next stage or milestone, I didn't take the time to live in the present. I have adored watching each and every step in your growth. Thank you for teaching me the present is the best time.

You have such an incredible disposition. You are a great mix of sweet and laid back, punctuated by endearing bursts of energy. You are such an observer, too. You have no problem sitting back, watching all the action, and learning from it. You picked up on so many things quickly, from eating to sitting up and so on.

*******************************************

Omagawd. I love this little boy so much. This letter brings back so many memories and makes me appreciate him so much more. Which is nice, because even though it is an hour and half past his bedtime, today's Cash is singing to himself whilst starting out his window, undoubtedly freaking out the neighbors. 

1 comment:

Ern said...

You are one of the most beautiful people I know. Amidst your pregnancy, labor and delivery, and child rearing "horror stories" (because it's all horrific to me), you make me want to be a mama one day. Wuboo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...