Sunday, May 17, 2009

Summer Goals

I am all about having "a plan of attack". While sitting around in my pyjamas watching daytime television and letting B live off fruit snacks and graham crackers might seem like a perfectly acceptable way of spending each day, I am going for the gold this summer.
  • Convince someone else that cleaning my baseboards will save their soul.
  • Simultaneously take B to swim lessons and make the other moms sick with jealousy that they don't have my magnificent thighs.
  • Take B to his "Kickers" class. Description: Children will learn to kick a variety of balls. No joke. We are getting our camera ready for our prize winning submission to America's Funniest Home Videos.
  • Finish the 43 sewing projects I have going on while brainstorming 17 more.
  • Read less and watch more movies. In my real life I teach Honors English, and reading good literature can become highly overrated. I intend to netflix (yes, I am using this as a verb) the Star Trek and AbFab movies. Awkward combo.
  • Eat churros with some beloved friends at Costco. You have no idea how excited I am about this. We are going to close our eyes and pretend we are waiting in line for the Haunted Mansion.
  • Pursue pregnancy.
  • Go to my high school reunion at Rockin' R Ranch. Sarcasm is moot on this. For those of you who don't know, Rockin' R Ranch is exactly as hookey as it sounds. Only in Mesa.
  • Visit the fam in Portland. I really hate living away from my cousins. I am requesting that yummy guacamole, Jeff W.

There are a couple dozen naps scheduled in there as well, but I believe that goes without saying. Of course, I will also beat you about the face with blog posts. I recall how efficient I became last summer at mindlessly trolling the internet.

Four more days... I cannot wait.

5 comments:

Renee said...

Pursue Pregnancy really is the best way of saying that.

Your summer sounds fantastic.

Katy said...

Nothing says FUN like sweatin it out at dusty ole' Rockin' R in August. You're right, there are really no words for that experience. Oh wait, yes there are... Classy!

Renee said...

"Classy" hahahahahaha, Katy.

I'm commenting again, because I just realized you spell pajamas, "pyjamas" and I think it's adorable. When Lennon asks me how to spell words like "color" I have to stop myself from giving the British spelling, and pretending we live there. It's the second best thing to having an actual accent.

witticism here said...

That's funny, Nee, I didn't even notice that!

mrsmouthy said...

Love the thighs comment. I need to start giving mine the same kind of street cred.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...