I am going to blog about Michael Jackson. You might think I am a little behind on the times, but it's not a RIP MJ blog. Basically, I am perplexed and pissed that his death is being ruled a homicide.
He.was.a.drug.addict.
You know how when a person dies of lung cancer after smoking three packs a day for thirty years and his family sues the tobacco company and everyone rolls their eyes because he.was.a.smoker? You know how when a person is an alcoholic and dies of liver failure and no one really blinks an eye because he.was.an.alcoholic? Okay, you're with me, right?
So why is MJ different? Why is his responsibility in his death being overlooked? I mean, really that is exactly what is happening. Now people can run around and say, "No, it wasn't drugs, he was murdered."
5 comments:
Stupid. He was a drug addict, end of story. Just because he died and he was the cause doesn't make his life any less interesting. I feel like they're saying he was murdered to some how soften the blow. The Blow... ha ha
Well, I will just add this as a devil's advocate. As long as there is a second party in control (e.g. el doctoro) it does muddy the waters as compared to the smoker putting cig in mouth or alcoholic glass to lips. Murder? no. Involuntary manslaughter, maybe.
And yes, I dread the inevitable drama that will accompany this finding.
He hired the guy to give him the drugs. So...the guy was just doing what he was getting paid for...
I think the doctor needs to be stripped of his license to practice medicine, for certain. "Do No Harm" is not exactly in this guy's vocab, I'm guessing. Whether he is convicted of murder would depend on how everything went down. There are certainly instances when I believe a doctor should be held just as accountable. I don't "think" this is one of those times, however.
This is one of those things that makes me go "hmmm." I haven't done that since the early 90s.
Post a Comment