Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Greatest.mom.ever.

Today is the last day my mom will be at my home blessing me with her presence. For reals guys, for the last two weeks she has come during the week around 7am to get B ready for the day, which allows me to sleep in with Cash; then she does housework and stares at me sternly if I attempt to get off the couch; she goes shopping for and prepares meals so I don't have to debate between a #1 or #3 at McDonalds; and then when Jeff is home she heads home to do her thing. Once I got the all clear to drive, she encouraged me to have some Mommy and B time while we could. And when the boys were napping, she would prompt me to run any errands I needed that didn't require an entourage of mini-adults.

The next couple days loom darkly for me. I am very nervous at the prospect of having to get up before 7am to an insatiable newborn and a rowdy two year-old, all while keeping my goals of showering daily, not breaking down in tears more than half a dozen times, and eating meals that don't revolve around Captain Crunch and Rice Krispy Treats.

It would be so nice if I could just lounge in bed with my boys every day. I could stuff the nightstand with granola bars and juice boxes. I mean, would you want to get out of bed when this is what you wake up to?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It won't be as bad as you think. They settle into each others patterns pretty quickly. The one thing I could count on that drove me crazy was Ethan always needed a drink as soon as I sat down to feed Matthew!!! NEVER FAILED! And we took lots of little practice trips out, where I needed nothing, but got the hang of loading kids into shopping carts etc..... It'll be fine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...