Monday, November 22, 2010

Leaving the kids at home

We took our first trip without the kids and headed to Disneyland.  Actually, we were headed to California for the wedding of our good friends, Vern and Laurie.  While we were there we decided to overdue it, only the way a Dilbeck can.

We headed straight to the Mummies exhibit at the California Science Museum.  I didn't get to take any pics with my camera, but I was able to sneak some with my phone.


Afterward, we went to the Rose Garden and I was able to meet up with one of my former students, Marissa.  I adore this child beyond words.  She and her family have a special place in my heart.

We spent the entire next day at Disneyland.  This pretty much killed us.  We felt so freaking old.  It was awesome, though.  It was the first day of the Christmas celebration, which I have never seen.  We stayed for the Christmas fireworks and "snow".  I gotta love anyplace that skips Thanksgiving and goes straight to Christmas.
 Yep, that's me getting Jeff on Small World.  Miracles happen at DL.

It was a loooong day.

The next day was the big wedding.  By the time I was jonesing for my babies, but I was having a great time.  The wedding was awesome and we were so happy to watch Vern and Laurie become The Dews.



We had a great time. And apparently got all up to date on our quota for Jeff and Keiko pictures.  I suppose it will be another five years until that happens.

I will have pictures of other people to come...but for now, I'd like to bask in our coupledom.  And that I got Jeff on Small World.

2 comments:

The Wizzle said...

I loooooooove Disneyland. No matter how much I learn, or how jaded I get about this world and all the crap and terrible people in it, I never get tired of Disneyland.

Renee said...

What convinced him to go for it? I'd love to know so I can use the same trickery on Eric. He hates that ride.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...