Friday, January 28, 2011

The final countdown.

I am going to be thirty real soon. I don't think there is a good reason to get hysterical about it. I mean, I have totally grown out of my twenties. Actually, I am pretty excited to move into the next age bracket since the twenties have a pretty bad rap and for good reason.

Back in June I made my Thirty Before 30 list. Let's see how I did:

1. Read the three books sitting on my nightstand. Of course I have a million others to read, but these ones have been staring me in the face for some time. Done! Of course five more took their place.


2. Hit up Sprinkles cupcakes again. Yes!

3. Attend Fall Frenzy music festival. I already have tickets. I hope we don't melt. Check! And we did melt.

4. Take B to Yo Gabba Gabba's There's a Party in my City. Again, I have the tickets. Everyone better be in good health. Yes!

5. See A Chorus Line at Mesa Arts Center or The Orpheum in January. Loved it!

6. Get family pictures done with the Hasebe side. We are going to do this in the spring for mother's/father's day and my parent's birthdays.

7. Send Christmas cards to my family and friends who don't have email (I usually do Smilebox). We sent cards out to family.

8. Update my boys' journals and baby books. Done!

9. Redecorate either the great room or my bedroom. Some. I did do some new furniture for the great room, but my bedroom is a mystery to me.

10. Go Black Friday shopping with Erin and mom. Erin and I stood in line at Target. Never again.

11. Sign B up for karate. I think he is still too young for this. Maybe for his 4th birthday.

12. Perfect a dessert recipe. Anyone have suggestions? I have perfected going to Liberty Market for red velvet cake. Mmmmm.

13. Get caught up with True Blood. Yes!

14. Paint my baseboards. The streak had to end sometime...

15. Buy a pair of cute boots. Wasn't feeling the boots this season.

16. Buy a cute trench coat. I have been jonesing for one if you recall. Again, not in the mood for coat shopping.

17. Accept the fact that as long as I am nursing Cash I am going to have to deal with the extra squishiness in places. This happened with B, too. Hated it. Accepted and enjoyed the extra calories I needed.


18. Get back to pilates. I am back into exercise, but not pilates. I wish my gym had a better pilates class.


19. Convince my grandma to move out to Arizona, or at least come visit. Not for lack of trying on my part.

20. Curb my soda addiction. This is could be another reason for my squishiness. I have cut back a lot.

21. Vote. I did, thought I don't know why I bother living in AZ. We put the AZ in crazy! <-------that's some funny shit right there.

22. Do a weekend getaway with Jeff. California!
23. Purge my extra baggage via donation or garage sale. Donations baby!

24. Back up my laptop, school computer, and school laptop. Ummm, I don't need to do this if I have a Mac, right?

25. Demand more date nights with the hubster. This is the biggest fail on my list.


26. Have my brother (the new lawyer) do our will. Another fail.

27. Break B of his nighttime dependence on Pull-Ups. Donnnnneeee!


28. Find my camera and wedding rings. Pregnant brain is a bitch. This too will persist until I am done nursing. Yes!

29. Hit up more garage sales and thrift stores than first hand stores. I have cut back on shopping a lot.

30. Dedicate myself more to my writing--be it my blog, essays, or short stories. I need to get back to this blog. My kids are going to wonder what happened to me in the last couple months. (Answer: THEY happened to me.)

1 comment:

The Wizzle said...

Well, that's pretty damn good. 30 is going to be AWESOME, say it with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...