Friday, January 7, 2011

Beggars can't be choosers

The day before New Year's Eve I woke up sick.  Really sick.  My darling husband passed on the stomach bug he had been battling.  Awwww.

Anyway, maybe it was a good thing.  We had no idea what we were going to be doing for NYE--we are so uninteresting now that we have given our souls, income, and free-time to our offspring.

I proceeded to die the following few days.  I came dangerously close to not being in good enough shape to even make it to school and prop myself up at my desk and mumble the rules for my new classes.  Since I have had a banner year in the health department of life (allergies---> sinus infection ----> flu ----> cold) I have three sick days left and I am hoarding those suckers.

After the longest five days I came out a better person: better hydrated and six pounds lighter.  It was an awful way to lose weight, but after everything I went through it was the least I could ask for.

Before I took to bed I was doing really well working out, as I am bound and determined to lose a roll or four in 2011.  While I was able to lose more weight worshipping the porcelain gods, I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth and I am pleased with my jump start for the year.

Don't let me down 2011....

1 comment:

Katy said...

I feel your pain...and your weight loss excitement! The day before NYE I got horribly sick too and went from GAINING 4 lbs in Chicago over x-mas to now down 3 lbs pre x-mas weight. That's right, 7 lbs. The silver lining...we look for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...