Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cash baby, part 3

I know every woman thinks their birth story is the most interesting ever and they spice it up with dramatic flair. I'm lucky, the only moment that there was any real drama was when the doctor was closing me up. Jeff, the baby, and a couple nurses had left to the post-op area. I knew something was wrong because everyone got quiet and the doctor started working a little bit faster. I tried to watch the reflection in the light, but I couldn't tell what was going on.

"Is everything ok?" I asked. I was starting to get nervous and was about to ask for Jeff again.

"We're just trying to get you closed up. Before I do so, are we doing anything else in here?" She tried to joke, but it didn't work.

Later on she told me they had a hard time getting my bleeding to stop. She explained that complications can arise if they don't get bleeding under control in a certain amount of time. But in the end, everything went well.

When I finally joined the boys in the post-op area, there was one nurse assigned to me and one to Cash. He got a bath, his first outfit, a diaper, and a warming light. None of these things made him happy. The poor guy kept sucking furiously and loudly at his hands, he was clearly starving to death.

Finally my nurse said, "Ok, he is breaking my heart, let's get him something to eat."  She helped get me situated so I could nurse him. And just like a good little fat kid, he knew exactly what to do.



Next up...big brother meets little brother

1 comment:

Katy said...

I'm loving these stories...please keep them coming

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...