Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cash baby, part 4

We were so stressed about the proper way to introduce the boys. It was like some modern day, bizarre West Side Story the way we planned "neutral ground" for the first meeting. With all of the insanity of H1N1, siblings were not allowed to visit new babies. Luckily, these sanctions were lifted shortly before Cash was born.
Bradley was staying with my parents, so I knew he was being spoiled beyond belief and probably rarely thought of us.

When he came to visit he was totally overwhelmed. I was hooked up to so many machines, he was afraid of me. I couldn't even get him to hold my hand. I totally understood, I felt like a monster.

However, he was fascinated with his brother. Utterly fascinated. He stood there and stared at him. I think he was just trying to figure out how he got from my belly to his little bassinet.



The next day was the best day, though. I was unhooked from all my machines and B was happy to come sit with me. He also demanded to hold his little brother. Greatest.moment.ever.


Since this time B has been in love with, protective of, and enthralled by his brother. When I pick him up after school he is often impatient to get home to his "baby". He likes to tell us what Cash wants to eat, his favorite color, or what he wants to watch on TV.

Can I tell you how much I love raising brothers?


Next... a letter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...