Saturday, April 28, 2012

B is 5

This kid is officially five.

I didn't do a birthday post for him because we have been insanely busy. Work exploded when I was named a department chair. Jeff is going to be working a new position at his company. We've been trying to help B get ready for kindergarten and Cash over the hump of a speech delay.

Deep down inside I am not ready to have a five year old. I am not ready for him to go to school. Something about marking time by school years makes everything move at warp speed. I remember when he turned two and I went back to work that night so I could escape the reality of not having a baby. It's not that dramatic this time, but it's equally surreal.

Bradley is our sweet gentleman. He is thoughtful, imaginative, and kind. He has maintained the easy disposition he's had since he was an infant. He always wants to cuddle, he always wants to play a superhero (Ironman most days), and he always wants to be helpful. His patience is either two centimeters short or a mile long--always the latter when it comes to his brother. His teachers adore him, his friends look up to him, and strangers are charmed by him. He is our Bug.

Happy birthday sweet B! I hope 5 is everything you imagined and hoped for!


2 comments:

Keeley said...

What a sweet little smile he has.

The Wilkins' said...

what a cutie. I'm totally dreading kindergarten in the fall for my girl. i get sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...