The day after Cash dazzled the urgent care staff with his indifference to needles and sutures, he broke his nose.
During an outing with Nanny (my mom), the boys made sport of the chairs outside the fitting rooms. Apparently at a very young age the male species understands those chairs are reserved solely for them and their female counterpart's purses.
Whilst running at one of said chairs, Cash's shoe caught on the carpet and he face-planted into the wood frame that supports the seat. I watched the whole thing happen and the only thing I could think as I watched him fall in slow-mo was, "I hope his face is not as close to that chair as it looks." Ugh.
He had a red welt across the middle of his nose and blood. Not pouring or gushing this time, but it was a good thing I had an extra diaper. He was incredibly perplexed why I kept putting a diaper to his face and then he was just pissed.
Jeff took him to the same urgent care we frequented the day before. The PA told Jeff she had heard all about him the day before. A legend at 2. I know Jeff is proud.
That same evening, when we got home from a well-deserved night out, the sitter informed us Cash fell and hit his face. It always comes in threes, right? When I went up to say goodnight, I saw his top lip was really swollen, just adding to the charm only a boxer's mom can appreciate.
Despite all this, Cash has no notice or care of his issues. He did pick a scab off his lip last night and then gave it to Jeff--very similar to a cat bestowing a dead bird. I suppose it's all part of Cash's charm.

3 comments:
Keiko- you are amazing. I would be a mess and would probably break into hysterical tears every time I looked at poor Cash's face.
Cash is amazing and so funny. And only 2!
Holy cow, my boys are such lillies next to yours!
Post a Comment