Well, hello again, blog. It's been so long that I fumbled with my password. Oops.
I definitely need to document Disneyland pictures. We didn't do any traveling this summer in preparation for this big trip. It was B's first time!
Jeff and I don't believe in taking kids on vacations they won't remember; we agreed B's first time at DL would be at least 5 years-old. This also meant that Cash stayed home, which made it that much more special that B had us all to his self.
We have been planning this trip all year, but keeping the details a secret from B. We only told him, "Sometime when you are 5 we will go to Disneyland." This prevented us from the incessant begging, questioning, and reminding associated with an upcoming event. The night before we left we told him we were going on a plane to California the next day. He was convinced we were going to San Diego (the only place he remembers from CA), so we gave in and told him about DL.
The whole trip was a bit of a whirlwind: we flew out super early in the morning and flew home three days later very late. But it was all worth it. We had a great time!
Day one:
 |
| We stayed awake at the airport by taking ridiculous pictures. |
 |
| Then I realized it would be a lot less "hands-on parenting" if I just gave him the phone. |
 |
| We had to get his 1st Visit pin. |
 |
| By far, our favorite picture. We did Space Mountain first. Poor Bug was freaked out (it was scary for Halloween) and practically deafened by the speakers. |
 |
| He had to drive at Autotopia. I have never been so sure the car would jump the track. |
 |
| After naps we met up with our good friends, Vern and Laurie, and they showed us around California Adventures. |
 |
| Whilst in line for the Cars ride it broke down. They us these golden passes for the next day. |
 |
We ended the night with cotton candy and the CA water show.
|
The second day we decided to start of at California Adventure. It was a lot more fun there than I thought it was going to be. Thank you Dews for giving us great tips on rides!
 |
| Bradley felt the need to pose for every.flipping.picture. |
 |
| Hot daddy. |
 |
| The perfect DL shirt for Jeff. I found it at Target for $6. |
 |
| I felt bad for my parents after this trip. They didn't have phones to pacify us. |
 |
| The Cars ride at CA is amazing and worth the wait in line. |
 |
| So is the Toys 3D arcade game. |
 |
| The Dilbecks like to pose. |
 |
| This is our only normal picture. |
 |
| He often complained about how much we embarrassed him. |
 |
| We had to convince him the ferris wheel would be fun. We were in one of the swinging cages, so every ferris wheel will be disappointing for the rest of his life. |
 |
| And one with Dad. |
 |
| I am not big on the "side entertainment"--but I am a big old slut for the show Phineas and Ferb. I hate that my kids don't want to watch it all day long. |
After naps on this day we headed back to Disneyland. We ended our second day on B's all-time favorite ride, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I was happy to hear Space Mountain didn't ruin him on roller-coasters forever.
Our last day in California we decided to spend the whole day at Disneyland. Bradley was emphatic he wanted to go back on Thunder Mountain and we had a Magic Morning pass to use, so we thought we'd work some magic with Fast Passes.
Can I tell you, I was totally disappointed with the lame Magic Morning? There is nothing magical about them cramming you into small sections of the parks with thousands of other people, since they don't actually open the park early. We'll sleep in next time.
Anyway, it was sprinkling a little bit, but nothing disastrous. We started in Fantasyland. Once the park opened we were able to hit Thunder Mountain, Toontown, etc. etc. We even got B to go back on Space Mountain--but it didn't mean he enjoyed himself anymore. Ah well--one ride out of dozens.
 |
| It must be the 80 year-old man in him, but this kid loves merry-go-rounds. |
 |
| Overall, he wasn't impressed with Mickey's house and was unclear why Jeff and I thought it so cool. |
 |
| After doing the Haunted Mansion a few times, B decided he was okay with Jack Skellington. |
Our big splurge of the trip was eating lunch at the Blue Bayou. I love this place!
We flew home late Thursday and though we were so exhausted, we had some fabulous memories to hold on to.
It will be some time until our next trip. Disneyland has become so expensive--at the end of this summer they hiked ticket prices. We hope to take both boys back to San Diego this summer for some beach time and Sea World.
Hopefully I won't continue to suck at blogging and that summer trip is the very next post after this. :/
No comments:
Post a Comment