Dear B,
On this day we celebrate your 6th birthday. You are a kind, sweet soul who always wants to play, please, and cuddle. Everyday you astound me with the capacity of love in that giant heart of yours. Someday, my boy, I imagine you will change the world with that beautiful heart.
You are a mini Dr. Doolittle with animals, always gentle and patient with them. I love how you always want to carry Frisco just right or pet Tony, the sitter's kitty, in the spot behind his ear that he likes. You are the kindest doctor if one of us is sick; just the other day you gently herded Cashy into a different room to play a game so Daddy and I could recoup. You dazzled our new neighbors, the Naumann's, when you invited them over for an ice cream picnic to celebrate your birthday.
You would make an excellent teacher or social worker, guiding little minds and souls. You would make a fabulous veterinarian, healing and improving the lives of the animals you love so much. You would be a skilled doctor, particularly with a calm bedside manner. But I think, though, you would be the best fireman in the world--just as you hope--because you could put all of those skills into use.
Keep on being the best son a momma could hope for. We love you sweet man!
Love,
Mommy, Daddy, and Cashy

No comments:
Post a Comment