In no certain order...
1.-4. Your grandparents, Nanny, Grandpa, Grandma, and Papa.
Basically these are the people who brought us into the world and raised us to be who we are. So blame them. JK. They taught us how to be productive citizens and (hopefully) good parents. Our parents have modeled for us long and lasting marriages, too, which is a lovely template for us to follow. One thing that we appreciate about our parents is none of them have ever sugar coated the importance of being a parent. They have always been good sounding boards for us.
Most of what you need to know is here. It's hard to describe him. We wish deeply that he could have known you both. He would think it "fucking cool" that Bradley is named after him and Cash would have had a perfect partner in crime.
6. Mr. Richardson, Dad's shop teacher from HS.
Dad's senior year he had three shop classes. I don't even know how one does that, but he did. He was also the man who got your father his job at Burdette, meaning he has been there (as I write this) 14 years!
7. Grandpoo.
Most of what you need to know about my grandfather is here. He was such a good man--not a modern man by any stretch of imagination, he had his flaws, but personality and swear words for days.
8. My students.
Every day I feel lucky to be surrounded by teenagers. How many people can say that? I think they are fun, honest, and interesting. It's funny when people shudder when I tell them what I do. I shudder, because adults are mean, boring, and sometimes thoughtless.
9.-10. You two. Bradley and Cash.
This whole blog is a tribute to you two. The life we make, the joys and trials we experience. To say you've changed/influenced us would be the greatest understatement possible.



No comments:
Post a Comment