I have been rightly/unfairly accused of not keeping people up to date with what is happening with our little fam. Apparently we’ve all become voyeurs thanks to technology and I didn’t catch on to this. Either that or our lives are much more interesting than I thought.
So, welcome to our family blog. I (Keiko) will update as much as possible. Bear with me as a figure this place out and decide what is appropriate for daytime viewing, etc.
As of right now, the word is “health”. B had tubes put in his ears this morning. Basically, little coffee straws were put in to open up his ear canal. Since October he has had a dozen ear infections and been on countless antibiotics. We tried everything from changing his diet to a chiropractor, but nothing worked. He was on such massive doses of antibiotics that he was becoming resistant to meds prescribed. Anyway, the surgery was pretty simple and took less than a half hour from beginning to end. He is back to normal already.
In a couple weeks Jeff will have surgery to replace his ACL. This means crutches, physical therapy, and so forth. A lot less fun than tubes. He was originally supposed to have it on Friday the 13th, which is his lucky day since he was born on Friday the 13th, but it got pushed back a couple weeks.
Anywho, my health is just fine, though I do have the massive headache in the form of a summer class I am taking. I’m working on my second Masters degree, but this course has nothing to do with it. Basically every teacher has to take a class about teaching ELLs (English language learners) by 2009. It is a waste of time and money for me, but not for the schmoe who convinced the AZ dept of ed that the three other classes I took on ELL shouldn’t count. Whatev
Okay, so how am I doing? Do you feel more informed? Honestly, I kind of feel like this isn’t very interesting, but at least you are in the loop now.
No comments:
Post a Comment