I'm not really sure how to break news like this, when it comes to the serious shit I don't like being especially dramatic, so I will just say it. We're pregnant!
I probably could have done that better, like put B in his Big Brother shirt we bought, take a picture, then post it. But that would mean me running up and down the stairs a few times and I have no energy for that. This kid is kicking my ass. Nothing is getting done in my house because I get sick or tired in the middle of doing anything. Case in point: I threw up while peeing last week.
This weekend I will be 12 weeks along. We got to hear the heartbeat today, which is my favorite part, even better than the ultrasound. Sometimes I think they are just showing me how my lunch is progressing when I have an ultrasound. Now, the heartbeat, that is like pregnant woman crack. Early on in the pregnancy when you only go to the doctor once a month and you can't tell if it is a baby or a fart wiggling in your stomach, hearing that heartbeat is the only confirmation that everything is okay for the most part.
My official due date is February 7th, but since I have c-sections my doctor wants to take me the week before. Until then there is a lot to worry about. I hate when other women say to enjoy the pregnancy, because that NEVER happens. Every time you go to the necessary room you pray there aren't any remarkable surprises, every twitch or near cramp make you hyperventilate, everyone and their mom tells a sick/sad story about a pregnant woman their co-worker's cousin knew, two words: cord strangulation, and I can go on all night. Then the baby comes and all you can think about is the 40 different ways it will be smothered while it sleeps.
Despite all the worrying at the end we will have another little baby and we are very excited about that. Excuse me while I go throw up, the excitement is overwhelming.
15 comments:
Way to cut through the romanticism! Now there is no way in Hell I'm having children...
Congratulations!!! :D
Congrats!!! That's amazing news! I agree 100% on EVERY word. Worry is my middle name. But what a beautiful baby he/she will be!
Congrats Keiko! How fun and CRAZY your life will be with two kiddos running around! Enjoy and celebrate every precious moment...as you know they grow way too fast!
Yay, yay and YAY! Congrats!!!
Okay I totally have tears... coming from the girl who isn't sure about ever having a baby that's kind of a big deal. Congrats my friend. Very happy to hear this.
I'm slightly unsettled by Just How excited I am for you. I can't wait to see how this baby looks, how he or she will develop into another little human being... It must have everything to do with you, because most of the time, other people's pregnancies for me are neat, but not earth shattering. But lately, you and Rachel Beto are like, my vicarious bellies.
I could just say Congratulations, but this is me, and I say disturbing things like "vicarious bellies."
Aw, congratulations!
You should still get a picture of B in that shirt. :D
Throwing up while peeing, though? Gawd.
"enjoy the pregnancy"?!?! i think i'd throat punch anyone who said that.
anyway, i've already told you numerous times but congratuations!! I am so happy/excited/thrilled for you guys and your ever-growing family!
can't wait to hear about all the progress!!
So excited for you, Keiko! Like I said before, belly rubs all around.
Congrats to you guys! I hope the time passes quickly so you can enjoy your new babe. Best of luck!
Congratulations! Having 2 kids is worth the trouble, really. It's so fun to get to know another person in your family.
Congratulations! Having 2 kids is worth the trouble, really. It's so fun to get to know another person in your family.
Since I am still vacationing in Scotland, I'll say Brilliant! Cheers to ye and yar wee lil' one already nestled within ye.
All the best!
Congratulations! How exciting for you guys! I'm going to guess girl... probably mostly cause I want to see a beautiful mini Keiko. :) I hope things start getting a little easier.
Congratulations, Keiko! I hope you get to feeling better soon, especially since school starts way too soon! Can't wait to hear what you are having.
Post a Comment