Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dress Your Best, Day 1


Dressing for the positives is a lot harder than I thought. I am shocked by how negative my inside voice is when I think about anything having to do with how I look--picking out clothes, looking at pictures, etc. I need to be more gentle with myself, I mean, I did just have a baby.


One of the thing that I really miss about my pre-baby body is my waist. I might be plus-size, but I did have a great waist. I love this dress because the way it gathers and gives me the illusion of a waist. It is also incredibly forgiving of the post-baby muffin top. I put the shrug on, not because my arms are huge (that would be too negative), but to be more modest at school and to add more shape to my outfit. The shoes are one of my favorite finds: $9 from Ann Taylor Loft. I love wedges!! I have wedges in so many styles and colors. I used to be a heel freak, but I had to change my ways as they are not conducive to chasing babies.


My favorite thing about this outfit is the colors. Teal, peacock, blue-green, whatever you want to call it is one of my favorite colors. I really love metallic shoes, too. I am not a glitter, bedazzle, rhinestone type of girl, but I do love metallic shoes.


PS- I hope I get better at this. I have this overwhelming need to make excuses for the picture angle, my hair, or lack of make-up, but I know I need to be positive.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Very cute! Cardigans give shape!! I wear them a lot to give the illusion of a waist... color blocking. You shoud post where you got your outfits and accessories etc.

Cassandra said...

That is a great shade of blue on you! It really pops with your hair! Way to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...