One of the blogs I follow, Academic Chic, is trying to get women to rethink the way they dress and I like it.
"What if, instead of dressing to mitigate your so-so, you dressed to highlight the parts of your body that you love most? What if, for a whole week, you committed to self-consciously dressing your best bits?"
They are calling it Dress Your Best Week.
I am not really a joiner when it comes to blog things like this, but I really like this idea. More importantly, I really need this right now.
Here is the email that I sent in to RSVP for the event:
Hi ladies,
I found your blog about five months ago, so you Dress Your Best is all new to me, but I love the idea! Count me in.
Every girl feels this way, but I think I am rocking a really awkward body right now. First of all I am a petite chunkster, which makes life difficult when shopping since stores think plus-size girls are super tall and petite sizes mean overall on the skinny side. Lame. Compounding the issue, I am three months post-partum, so I am sporting the post-pregnany gooeys. Can you tell I need this Dress Your Best? Confidence boosting is in order.
My five best body parts:
- My hair
- My eyes
- My ankles
- My decolletage & neckline
- My lips
Thanks again for making me rethink the box. Who knows, maybe I will make it an all week thing!
Keiko
3 comments:
Words matter. Our language matters. The way we say things to ourselves, in our head, matters.
(For what it's worth, I think you looked lovely at Home Depot the other day, and if you look lovely at Home Depot then you can't be too far gone!)
Also, cool blog that was. I have lifted many blogs from your follow list to my own!
I love this idea. I also think you are easily the best dressed person I know, but that might be besides the point. The goal seems to be that we all take a good look at our bodies and decide that we love them. I'm in.
Ooh, I want to do this too! I border on frumpy a lot of times, but I think I can definitely rock for a week!
BTW, I'm totally not happy with the bod right now, only 'cause I'm four months into this baby and have the "fat" issues going on.
Post a Comment