Saturday, December 18, 2010

I loves me a vacay

I am a day deep in my Winter Break (AKA Christmas Break, Holiday Break, Get-me-the-eff-outta-here Break).  I have already lost time and had to ask Jeff what day it is.  This means I am in the honeymoon of my holiday.  It's only a matter of time before I completely lose my schedule and with bleary eyes, channel surf till 2am.

Once the lack of sleep catches up I will be in the throws of my holiday.  I will be too tired to accomplish what is on my to-do list, but feel confident that I will get around to cleaning out my laundry room, closets, or switch out little people clothes so an inch of ankle isn't the style.

Then comes twilight of my holiday.  I feel the impending close to my carefree days and I try to go to sleep at a normal time, but alas I cannot.  I do things to seem productive, like flipping couch cushions while I am checking my Facebook or composing a grocery list on my Blackberry while sending a text message.  I will congratulate myself that I am spending time with the boys, rather than doing that silly housework or chore I have been meaning to get to.

Finally comes the wretched conclusion of my holiday.  I panic, I get depressed, I lament the loss of freedom, and I do inane things like clean my closet or reorganize the pantry at 3am because THERE IS NO TIME, THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME.  (Please tell me you watched Saved By the Bell.)  This when I also plan silly things like projects for the next holiday (paint the baseboards, clean the windows...), and the vicious cycle starts again.

Is anyone else with me on this?  No....?

IknowIknowIknow: enjoy my time off, rest and relax, enjoy the slow days.  Pfffff.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You speak for ALL of us! So, so, so true. I'd get this bad in August. I'd have to tell mantra-in: Life is not ending just because I'm going back to school! But it always felt like that.

Stay healthy. That's a big key, eh?

Merry Christmas/Holiday/Season Break, Keiko.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I totally TOTALLY remember that feeling. It's like you live your entire life in those two weeks, from birth to death. Winter break always left me feeling afraid to die.

Enjoy the sweet spot! Maybe the end won't be so bad this time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...