Saturday, April 23, 2011

$10 million dollar question

After I had B I thought I was done having babies. I didn't mind having an only child because being a mom was harrrrd. Then I was pregnant with Cash and my life changed for the better in a million more ways. When I had Cash, I sat in the hospital and was immediately ready for number 3.

Now I am not so sure. Having two kids is wayyyy harrrrrd.

Jeff and I decided we would put off the baby talk until B is in kindergarten. Mainly because his answer was an emphatic no and I would get annoyed by the finality of his answer. Right now I am firmly planted on the no side, but then cute baby names wiggle in my brain and I see adorable nursery ideas like this.
Damn you Ohdeedoh.

There are plenty of reasons to stay in the no (or not-right-now) category, like diapers, cost of daycare, and the fact that I have c-sections and deal with awful postpartum craziness. But then again, I adore the idea of massive family get-togethers with my boys and their families and cuddly babies (I feel a little gypped with Cash).

Thoughts? People who have more than two, is it more difficult going from two to three?

5 comments:

Becca said...

We are in the same boat. I've talked myself into having a third a million times, then immediately talked myself out of it. As of right now we are going to have a third. (Hopefully) I'm now wishing I had done it sooner because my youngest is in Kindergarten and I have to start all over. I also feel that if I have third I need to have a fourth because I worry about the third growing up without a close sibling. Heaven help me. :)

zmilde said...

Why do you feel gypped with Cash?

witticism here said...

Becca, good luck! Very exciting.

Zephra, B was and still is SO cuddly. Cash was when he was born and after he stopped nursing he wasn't so much, mainly because he is super active. B could lay with me as long as I would let him.

The Wizzle said...

Three is hard. It's really hard. Iris is 2.5 and I have days now, probably one-third to maybe half the days, where I think I *could* handle another one with some semblance of grace.

But then I think, "why is it that when I finally, sort of get control of my life, and get to the point where I'm enjoying it a good portion of the time, do I feel like I need to add something?! Why can't I just sit in a comfortable place for awhile?"

I don't know. I love my three, I love having them. But it is hard. I'm not going to lie.

Luann said...

For me, going from two to three was the easiest. My 2nd was three and potty trained (and had been for a while). My oldest was going into kindergarten. My kids were sufficiently independent that it didn't take much to add another to the family. I think it's a matter of confidence, spacing b/w kids, and personality. Some kids are hard to handle, no matter the age.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...