This summer, the bestie and I have decided to challenge ourselves this summer. We are going to only shop for clothes at thrift stores. Except for shoes and personal items, we are going to lighten up on our wallets and give second hand stores a try. I love going to thrift stores for unique home dec stuff, now I get to expand my shopping options.
This has shades of high school all over it for me. There was a good two years that I wore broken-in jeans, vintage t-shirts, and 70s leather jackets. That was the thing, though.
I kicked off the challenge by stopping by Savers and buying a skirt, a matching shirt, and black blazer. The checkout lady complimented my style, which made me feel like I was off to a good start.
I keenly noted a Goodwill is opening in the same parking lot next month. It's as if the second hand gods are shining down on me.


3 comments:
I want SO badly to get back to thrifting, but not driving makes that tough, since there aren't really any out by me.
Three suggestions from a former pro: 1. Look for a color you want to find that day, not an item. Way less overwhelming, and you really expand your wardrobe instead of having ten black shirts with slight variations 2. Don't overlook the men's clothes. Sometimes the workers there don't know where to put stuff, and they just go, "Blazer? Mens. Trousers? Mens." etc, so there are some true hidden treasures in those sections. 3. Tag sizes mean nothing. NOTHING.
That skirt looks great! Love the print.
I have recently started looking for clothing for myself at thrift stores too, and I have gotten some great items over the last couple of weeks! I'm just as picky shopping at Anthro as I am at Goodwill - I won't buy it unless it's going to work for me, even if it is $1. But there are totally good finds lurking out there!
That sounds like a GREAT idea! As much as I love Target and Kohl's, saving some money sounds a lot more appealing!
Renee- love the tips, especially the color deal. Somehow, I always end up with blue or black...
Post a Comment