We celebrated Mother's Day at my parent's house with my long-lost cousin and her family. (More on said cousin tomorrow.)
There was much eating, catching-up, playing, reminiscing, etc.
At one point I found myself laying on the swing in the backyard with Bradley. All I could see was the blue sky through the branches and leaves of the neighbor's tree. The sky was so blue and the wind sounded like perfection through the tree. I sensed my baby so close to me and we were both quiet and still.
I laid there with him absolutely sure that in that moment I was experiencing heaven. Whatever heaven is, that was it: the smell of his hair, the sound of the wind, the blue brilliance.
That moment of peace was absolutely divine. The timing was magnificent.

2 comments:
I just love this. I had a sweet little half hour on the couch with a blanket and my little "baby" today too. Love, love, love.
I know this moment. I'm convinced we have them so that we don't forget why we're here.
Post a Comment