Ohmigod. Ew. So EW.
I know a lot of you have already seen it and even read the book (which I won't be able to do because afterward I might just have to live off of air--and even that could be contaminated), so I will spare the details. But here are the points that have stuck with me:
- I want to adopt every pig out there because life is rough for swine.
- Chickens and eggs are mutated nasty things. Ew.
- Cows eat shit and corn, which somehow leads to Ecoli and no one who should care seems to care. Ewww.
- Hundreds of different cows go into grocery store ground beef. Ewwwww.
- Corn is everywhere and scientists like to fuck with it to do craaazy things.
- Farm bred fish are fed with corn. I know that is just not natural.
- And it is possible for me to be so freaked out about meat but crave a burger at the same time.
Some of that is my spin, but if you watched the movie you know I am not far off base.
While I was watching the movie I started looking up food co-ops for grass-fed beef and real eggs. This was during the movie. I was so relieved to find some and am thrilled to jump on the "I don't want to eat an animal that I wouldn't recognize if it walked up to be and kicked me in the face with it's paw/foot/talon."
Not only will we be eating healthier but
- I will not be making my kids more resistant to antibiotics. (This has happened.)
- I will be supporting local businesses.
- My beef will come from one cow and my eggs will not be chemicals in a shell.
I am still torn on the pork and fish part. I just might become kosher.
That being said. I am going here next Thursday for their farmers market. Grass-fed beef, real eggs, and a petting zoo--all around the corner from my house.

2 comments:
Superstition's farmers market is great! They haven't been doing it for very long, I think, but it is really popular. Will probably see you there!
I love the petting zoo there. So cute.
I am with you. Let's go kosher. There is no way around the swine thing.
Post a Comment