After seeing the winners of the Halloween yard contest, Neighbor has decided he will conquer the Christmas contest.
Last weekend he spent hours and hours wrapping his tree in lights. Do you know how many? Over 800 lights! A total of 3,300 in his whole yard!! I hate that I remember this because I need that space in my brain for memories of boys' childhoods.
He decided that LIGHTS aren't enough and promptly hung massive ornament balls from his poor tree. That wasn't enough so he put a ginormous inflatable Santa in his driveway.
That is B standing next to it.
The view from our driveway. Notice our now-tiny Snowman and pitifully bare shrub?
This clearly shows that not just a huge truck can clue everyone in to how minuscule your *ahem* is.
Apparently a Santa Hulk wasn't good enough and tonight he approached Jeff about putting lights in our shrubs that border his yard. Just to make his point, he laid a pile of lights by them so he could spring into action the minute we agreed.
I so want to do something like this.




1 comment:
Your neighbor is the worst person I have ever met. I think of myself as Michael Scott and him as Toby. Cannot deal. You should SO do the ditto thing.
Make sure that "ditto" is in green and yellow, as per his immense love of Eugene.
Post a Comment