Sunday, August 3, 2008

Flamily reunion in Oregon*


*I know family is spelled wrong, it is an inside joke. Warning: LOTS of pic.

Jeff, Bradley, and I took our one and only family vacation this weekend. We went to Oregon for a semi-formed family reunion. We were missing half the clan, but it was still a lot of fun. Lots of pictures (it's what the Japanese do best), tons of food (Jeff I still need that Mexican salad recipe), and mucho laughs.

Jeff, B, my parents, and I arrived on Friday and did a bit of sightseeing before heading over to cousin Traci's house for a BBQ. Since most of our family is out of state, B hasn't met everyone. He was able meet some new cousins and catch up with some that he met last summer when we traveld to Portland. He had fun with Hannah, who is 15 months older than him.

(trying to be tall)

B and Nanners

B and Hannah!

The next day we went to the farmer's market in Lake Oswego. I hate that we don't have a fm close to us. The veggies were so fresh and cheap! There were also beautiful flowers, fresh donuts, and great people watching.


Keiko and Dad

Eating donuts

In Lake Oswego, leaving the farmer's market

Messing with street art

After that we headed over to the Westover house to gorge ourselves on food. As a native Arizonan I am a Mexican food snob. I am highly skeptical of attempts made by those residing outside of the Southwest. Jeff W. proved me wrong in a big way. I am still drooling over his guacamole. The rest of the Hasebe family (who could make it) showed up. All the aunts and uncles (AKA the inner circle) made it and a few more cousins. Bradley was totally spoiled with toys, books, and clothes by his Auntie Lois, Yudman cousins, and Westover cousins. After lunch we visited, lounged, and napped...basically waiting for the next meal.




Jeff, Dad, and Uncle Norman

One of the coolest people ever...Jenna!

Crazy cousin Julie

And we took tons of pictures. It was pretty absurd, though standard.

Bad light, but good times

Just after waking up from a nap (B, not Jeff)

He hates grass

Auntie Lois, Hannah, Traci, and B

Bradley and Brandon...the coolest big boy cousin

Then the "formal" pictures.

Part of the "flamily"


The baby picture


The inner circle

My pictures might not be very pro, but we were very lucky to have Jenna take some pictures of us. I can't wait to see them! We did some traditional shots, but she also did some avant garde pictures, too. Jeff loved those because he didn't have to smile. More to come on that photo shoot.

Unfortunately, we had to leave early the next morning, so the fun ended there. We had such a wonderful time, from the weather to the company, it could not have gone better. Like I needed another reason to be depressed about starting school in a couple of days... There is nothing like being in 70-degree weather, with some of my favorite people, to really drive home the dread and doom. Need proof?


What you don't see is the sheen of sweat covering him.

When we got to our car, it was over a 100-degrees.

We can't wait to go back and visit. We are actually thinking of taking another trip to Portland and then driving up to Seattle. Fingers crossed...





4 comments:

Shelly said...

We got family and friends up in Oregon too. I really want to go for a visit--I have never been.

Looks like a fun "flamily" reunion :)

Katy said...

I love the "inner circle" thing. Funny

Anonymous said...

So happy that you guys made it out here! I am processing your pictures as we speak... laughing hard at the ones of Bradley crying in the middle of the road. Poor little guy! :-/

I loved the whole weekend, and I love your rundown of everything. Do you read diablo cody's blog? It's pretty entertaining... check it out!

www.myspace.com/diablocody

Love you Keiko!

Anonymous said...

i love all the pics--keep `em coming!! i'm glad you got to catch up with fam!!
www.arizonafarmersmarkets.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...