We decided to try a restaurant that has Jeff's name written all over it: Chicago Hamburger Company. It specializes in hot dogs and hamburgers in, you guessed it, Chicago style. Or, as Jeff says, the way it should be.
Gotta love a place with no high chairs.
B's sexy face.
Overwhelmed by the possibilities.
This place is in Phoenix, 40th and Indian School to be exact, so we wanted to do something else in that area. We almost went to the Science Center and then the Heard Museum, but it didn't seem worth it with Jeff's knee and B being so young. So after lunch we looked for a park on the GPS. As it is 105 degrees with an abundance of humidity, the park wasn't packed. We pulled up at the same time another young couple with a toddler did. We chit-chatted for awhile with Valentino and Dominque (not kidding), and admired their son, Atreyu (again, not kidding), who is a month older than B.


I think we were only there for fifteen minutes before the sweat factor was out of control. We decided to head home since B was getting grumpy.
Really grumpy: nasty face
Totally grumpy: ignoring me
He fell asleep for a bit, check out the hair
I know this isn't a super exciting post, but I don't think you understand how dedicated Jeff is to his job. It meant a lot for him to take the day off, especially after missing time to go Oregon. Even more so since he knew that I was struggling with going back to school and our day out really took my mind of things.
The family, that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor in our innermost hearts never quite wish to. -Dodie Smith
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Playing hooky
I went back to school today, but I would rather not talk about that. Instead, I would like to share my Monday. Jeff took the day off to hang out with his favorite wife and child. We just got back from Oregon the day before so we were still in that post vay-cay fog and I was trying to forget I had to go to work the next day. Jeff and I are not very spontaneous, so planning a day out is horrible. We always have good ideas when we aren't planning a day out. I swear I should come up with a journal of day trips, family activities, date-nights, etc. since we just end up going to Old Chicago and talk about how boring we are. Anyway, if you ever stumble across some cheap, fun outing, I will add it to the list of things we would like to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jeff, hi, we've never met. You're a hero.
B's nasty face looks familiar...lol j/k (but not really ;P)
Looks like a great way to play hooky!! So much better than Ferris Bueller's.
That's funny. Dominique and Valentino are mine and E's petnames for each other. jk. That is so sweet and thoughtful of Jeff. What a great hubby! ...I read your latest blog. I hope the guys get better soon!
That is so true!! It seems like there are no good ideas when you actually have time together to go and do something. I think there's something to that idea of keeping a notebook! Seriously. That is such a good idea. It sounds like a really great day and what a sweet guy to take off work, too!
Post a Comment