Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I suppose I should mention...

I finished the Twilight series. O-!-M-!-F-!-G. What a ride. Loved 'em. I bought The Host, which is Meyer's "adult" book...though I wonder how "adult" a Mormon chick's book can be. I'm not going to start it right away, I need a Meyer break.

I just started Ophelia, by Lisa Klein. It's another YA (I must be regressing), but I teach Hamlet and I have been told by credible sources that it is a great interpretation/retelling/? of the play.






I am going to read Brideshead Revisited after that and then I will get to The Host. From there I will resume reading from what I now officially refer to as "the stack". Which, if you are a reader, you know those are the books you have bought with sincere intentions of reading, but the titles are now obscured by a fine layer of dust. Yes, I will get to you soon, my darlings.

I have to admit I have not read like this for a long time. I was telling my friend, Julie, this morning that (serious moment here) reading makes me sad because it reminds me that I am not writing. Sometimes while I am reading I get inspired to write and other times annoyed because I could write the passage better. Does this make sense? I used to love to write and now I don't do it...at all. Well, except for blogging. If you note how often I blog you will see why I need to get back on the writing bandwagon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you on goodreads.com? join so we can see books the other suggests!

Anonymous said...

and yeah, i agree with you. i am thinking first showing saturday morning. i'm there!

jules said...

I am on goodreads too, but don't update too often. Ah well.

I am trying to enjoy the energy I have to read (funny that I know that energy is required) while I still have it...before they suck all the life out of me for the rest of the year...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...