Saturday, March 21, 2009

I was going to write some snarky blog about how I want Jason Mraz to sing me to sleep tonight. (Watching him perform on SNL right now.)

Despite his light and lovely style, I just can't help but feel the end of SB looming. As much as I love my job, I do not relish the idea of giving up B-filled days. Mmmm. Cuddling in the morning and when he is definitely ready to get up, he sits on my face with his soggy diaper. Chatting about our plans for the day during breakfast. Being (secretly) excited for naptime, but five minutes in to nap I cross my fingers that he might want to get up and play. Random cuddles.

Okay, I have to stop.

How many weeks til summer??

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

:( That makes me sad. I hope summer comes quickly for you, Keiko.

And I secretly would love Jason Mraz to sing me to sleep too. Mmm.

Valerie said...

There was a time when my mother tried to talk me into becoming a teacher simply so that I would have all that time off with my eventual children (summers, Xmas, SB...) I thought what a ridiculous and misguided reason to choose a vocation.

Then I became that teacher and three kids came along and "oh, (as Yeats once wrote) 'tis true, 'tis true."

I have always cherished every moment off with them. It helped assuage mother guilt and balanced our lives (somewhat).

Anonymous said...

It's such a dilemma. I've been at home for a few years now and I swoon when I walk into Microsoft, where everyone is WORKING and has JOBS and whatnot. If you have to work, you feel torn. If you stay at home, you feel torn. If you try to do both, you feel torn. What's up with that?

witticism here said...

So true. As much as I miss B, I know I would be a horrendous stay at home mom: hovering and harping at every turn. Jeff requested that I not stay home (even if I could) since I drive him crazy during the summer.

Randy and Dionne Sillik said...

Personally, I think that we can do it all and should not feel guilty for wanting to have it all. I think that God gave us brains as well as hearts and would never spite us for wanting to use both. To be a happy and healthy mother we first have to be a happy and healthy woman. Nothing is without sacrifice and challenge, but feeling guilty because we are living examples to our sons and daughters of ambition as well as love is unfortunate. Keiko, I think that if u know that you would go crazy being home full time then you owe it to yourself and your son to not stay home. I know that you are able to cherish those pangs and precious momments while enjoying the fullfilment that you receive when going out and doing that which you love, and thats not just OK, I think that's great!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...