After reading this, Jeff is going to further harass me about becoming a "Suzy Homemaker". First I start decorating and cooking, then the sewing, making cards, etc. He swears scrapbooking is next, but I say that is a lot of fuss over one or three pictures. During the school year I slowly fell of the cooking bandwagon. When I was on Weight Watchers I really got in to trying new recipes and I have collected quite an impressive variety of dishes, however all the shopping, prepping, and cooking time became tedious and not fun. One of my summer resolutions was to start trying new recipes and I have been doing pretty well. I have a good audience, Jeff will try anything and he usually likes whatever I make. One time I totally messed up a recipe really BAD, like too much flour or something, and he still ate it.
Anyway, things that suck about cooking so much: going to the grocery store all the time, especially the farmer's market with all the grumpy old people; hot stoves and ovens when it is a million degrees outside; my son trying what I eat and spitting it out, which isn't surprising he usually does that with anything new. Things that are "yeah": building my recipe collection--I don't like wearing the same shoes in one week, I certainly don't like eating the same thing twice in two or three weeks; all the grocery visits are helping me be more coupon savvy; we are eating a lot better, a lot more fruits and veggies.
I used to read other blogs and be amused that people would share dinner menus for the week. I didn't think anyone would be impressed by mine. Monday-frozen pizza, Tuesday-Subway, Wednesday-scam parents to take us out to dinner... But I get it now. I mean I was really proud that I made my secret recipe Sloppy Joes (WW friendly), with tomato and cucumber feta salad, sweet potato fries, and roasted corn for dinner tonight.
**I blame any poor grammar or idiotic sentence structure on The Wonder Pets. B has to watch it at full volume and he expects me to sing along at the appropriate moments.
3 comments:
I like it when people post their weekly menus. I will never get tired of people posting recipes too... you should post some of your tastiest WW recipes!
So funny about B blasting the kids shows. That's what Eric does when he watches sports and/or Fox News. blech.
Sounds delish! And you TOTALLY need to start scrapbooking.
I plan our meals out for two weeks, that way I only go grocery shopping once every two weeks. We eat all the fresh veggies and fruits ASAP and then go from there.
I would SO read your menu if you had one.
And I scrapbook. Is that a bad thing?
Post a Comment