Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I have an idea...

Bradley will be going to kindergarten three years from now--in 2012 to be exact. I am already concerned about this, especially as I watch several of my good friends trying to swallow that lump in their throat waiting for that first day looming in August. I want to make the transition to kindergarten as kick ass as possible for B (and me), so this is my idea.


I always wanted to take B to Disneyland the summer before he starts the big K, but that just doesn't seem big enough for my guy. So I am going to plan a Disney cruise for that summer. Who wants to go? Seriously! Here are your potential responses and my answers:


Keiko, when are you thinking of going?
Hmmm, well, Disney doesn't allow you to plan cruises this early, but I am thinking a 3 or 4 night cruise to the Bahamas in June or July 2012. If those months don't work, Mesa and Gilbert schools have a week off in the middle of October, which would be good because it is off-peak.


Keiko, it's way too expensive!
I know Disney is a bit more than a normal cruise, but we are planning early which means we can all save up our money and go! Plus, we are booking early. ALSO, Disney is a little more expensive because they will take your kids away from you and play with them.


Keiko, I don't know you that well and/or I don't like you that much!
I mean, we don't have to hang out everyday, because you know, it's a pretty big effing boat.


Keiko, I don't have kids!
Who cares? It's DISNEY!

Keiko, I don't like Disney!
What are you? A Communist?


Keiko, I can't get the time off work!
It's THREE years away! Start saving up time. Jeff is even going, which is remarkable because he hates not going to work. Ok, I will rephrase that: I am making Jeff go whether he likes it or not.


Keiko, this is a great idea! Why didn't I think of it?!
I don't know, but please stop yelling at me. Seriously, you are like two seconds away from caps.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow. we should discuss this further...you know how obsessed my kid is with the mouse. i can't lie...i fear for the his mouse safety stuck on a ship with connor.

honestly though, this is a great idea. Jeffrey has been bugging me about taking connor to disneyland since i was pregnant. i think it's kinda a waste until they are 4ish...can't do most of the rides and soooooo freakin expensive, right?

how wonderful to do this right before the boys go to kinder though...that would make it so special. great idea!!

Renee said...

Here's my big problem with this one - how the heck am I going to sleep for the next three years when I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do love this idea. If does not already conflict with my plans to go to London for the Olympics, or Hawaii with the in-laws, I'm in like Flynn. I guess 2012 will just have to be the year of travel. :)

witticism here said...

Yeah!!!

Katy said...

I'm in. Does Disney do discounts for groups?

witticism here said...

Good question, Katy. I'll look in to it.

Ern said...

Group discount, please. If I'm going on this Disney cruise, then I get to pick the 2015 vacay, and it's adults-only.

Unlike Disneyland, I hope the Disney cruise serves alcohol.

Vanessa said...

I actually went on the Disney Cruise the summer after graduation with my family. It was actually pretty fun. There are a ton of things for adults to do as well as childern.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun plan! I'm already emotional about my son starting kindergarten (in two years) too. I've played out that first morning in my head way too many times!

Anonymous said...

so i have been reading your old blog posts trying to remember when you were due, i know now! anyway...are you still planning on this? just curious since shortly after posting this you found out you were knocked up.

witticism here said...

Linds, we talked about still doing it since it was far enough away. We'll see how it works out, though. I hate the idea of big vacays when they are under five or six because they don't remember a thing, so it might be a wash for Cash.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...