Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm pleasant. Damn it!

My name is Keiko and I am obsessed with Glee. Thank you to my good friend and co-worker, Trevor, I have music from the first Glee album. Out of the goodness of his heart he passed it along to me. I suppose I am dramatizing the situation a bit, but it totally made my day. I have been listening to it non-stop and it never fails to put me in the most cheerful of moods. (I know, me, cheerful. Right?)

Anyway, this morning I decided to celebrate my mood--and it being Friday--by stopping by the Bucks. As I sat in the Friday-heavy line I decided to buy the drink for the woman behind me. She didn't look particularly special in anyway, I just knew it would be a nice thing to do. I mean, I really believe free Starbucks coffee could bring peace to war-torn parts of the world.

When I got to the window I told the cashier my intentions and she smiled and said, "Something is in the air, you are the 5th person today." She ran my card and then told me that there is a woman who goes through the drive thru everyone morning and buys the coffee for the person behind her. (I need this woman's description and make/model of her car. Now.)

I know it is crass to toot your own horn when you are "paying it forward", but it was a fun part of my day. And I think a cheerful Keiko is always noteworthy.

6 comments:

Renee said...

Because you told us, it no longer counts. Sorry.

Valerie said...

It still counts to that woman.

Katy said...

That's fun. I may do the same thing. See, you're paying it forward!

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Wish I could say I was the person behind you! Do you remember a couple years ago when someone paid for another person's Sbux drink and then that person paid for the next person's drink, who paid for the next person's...it went on for a couple days I think.

In fact, I wonder who ended it and how crappy it must feel to be them?

Amy said...

I love when people do this at Starbucks--the best part is the surprised look on the person's face when I tell them their drink has been paid for. It took a year before I got to see it happen at my store though.

Cassandra said...

We need more people like you...at the Starbucks by my house. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...