Sunday, December 27, 2009

Goals, plans, and resolutions

Just because I am totally philosophically opposed to New Year's resolutions (along with leggings on adult women and tossing my cookies) doesn't mean that I don't think about changes I'd like to see in the upcoming year. While you will never catch me seriously uttering the phrase "My New Year's resolution is..." because I think it is just setting me up for failure, here are some things I see on the horizon for 2010.

1. Expanding my family. Okokok, so that one is a soft pitch. Sue me.

2. Being more social. I was reading this lovely blog today and I think I found my hermit soulmate. Now this will be really tough because I am not one for presenting my newborn a la Simba on the mountain top. However, I intend on getting out there with my friends more often as that is what makes me feel most human. Lord knows how much I will need that as I anticipate being the target for baby barf and infant boy pee.

3. Reading more. You might think that since I am an English teacher my job is to read a lot of great books. Actually, my job is to read a lot of papers. You'd think with all the student reading I have to endure that I would want an incredible book with solid writing to distract me. You would be absolutely correct.

4. Cooking more. Wait, scratch that. Get Jeff to cook more. Yeah, I like the sound of that.

This isn't a very inspiring list, is it? I mean, you would think there would be a lot of things that I want to do considering I won't be pregnant for most of 2010 and I will done with my graduate program, but I really just want to snuggle on the couch with my boys, eating our take-out pizza, and catch up on Tivo. I am so happy in my little cocoon that I think I resolve to continue with my happy little life.

I mean, unless you are going to give me a couple thousand dollars and then I resolve to take my family on a trip to Europe.

1 comment:

Diana Sokol said...

Can I come with you to Europe? I also thought I was the only hermit English teacher. At least you have entertainment with B around.

Diana Sokol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...