Sunday, January 10, 2010

And so it goes...

I am still pregnant. I am 36 weeks, so at this point every day feels like three. I am not complaining--wait, yes I am. Breathing, dressing, checking my email...it all takes a lot more effort. Except bitching, that takes no effort whatsoever.


I went to the doctor last week and the big milestone according to the cheerful nurse: "Now you get to start taking your pants off when you come here." Um, yeaaaahhh. That means they start examining my cervix, etc. along with the typical measurements. Last week I was 1 cm dialated and I am "starting to soften". My blood pressure, which is typically pretty good, is high, so I had blood taken. External measurements show another big baby (B was almost 9 lbs and two weeks early), so I am going in for an ultrasound tomorrow.


Earlier in the pregnancy when I discussed scheduling the c-section with my doc I had to talk her into a February 1 date, she wanted to do it in January. Part of me wanted to wait until the last possible moment in order to ensure Cash had enough time to cook, but I also thought it would be super cool to have a February baby since Jeff and I both have February bdays. I knew I would hate myself later on but I was convinced I would push through. Silly, stupid me. Now I can't talk my doc into moving it up a week (karma) and I have nightmares of my water breaking while I am in class or something.


I thought a high point of my week would be the massage I got. While my masseuse and I chatted I mentioned I hadn't been for a massage since my last pregnancy and he says, "Oh, you're pregnant? (peeks at my stomach) Your purse hides it well." The last thing a chubby girl wants to hear--especially one who is nine months pregnant--is that she doesn't look pregnant. Not to mention a co-worker of mine was acting cute and telling me how before break I didn't look very pregnant, but now there is no doubt. WTF, right?


Anyway, I made my mom take these pictures of me so I could judge for myself. I look really effing pregnant, thank you very much.


Excuse my lack of make-up, I know it isn't pretty.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look amazing. and totally, non-questionable pregnant. very pregnant. you even have that "don't sass me" pregnant look on your face.

i think that sometimes people tell pregnant women that they don't look pregnant at all, thinking that it's a compliment. wrong.

good luck, lookin' good!

Unknown said...

I wish you and B and Jeff the best. Another fun time in your life; I will miss when you are on ML so will follow you on FB. Who's subbing for you? Heidi?

witticism here said...

Sharon, I wish! I asked, but she is building her vacation home... Hrmph. Jessie (subbed for Raina) will be my sub if all works out. I'll be back in April.

JaNeal said...

You look great and very prego - I get people and co-workers asking if I am pregnat again? So I feel your pain!

The Wizzle said...

Oh my gosh, stupid cows. You look totally pregnant, and pretty f-ing fabulous if I do have to say it myself.

Hang in there. Cash really will benefit from the extra time!

Renee said...

Don't you love when doctors are like, "Oh he's measuring big!!" like you're some kind of freak of nature? Maybe your doctor is better about it, but mine used to treat me like a large baby could possibly just tear right through my stomach skin... SCIENCE JUST CAN'T PREPARE US FOR THIS MONSTROSITY YOU ARE GROWING!!

Okay, I was a little sensitive about it.

Cassandra said...

Whoever said that you don't look that pregnant must be lacking half of their brain. You totally look pregnant (and awesomely good-looking for as far along as you are too). Next time, feel free to slap them. Then you can blame it on the hormones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...