Not a fan of the "look at all the shit I got" but...

His method was to rip open the paper and then move on to the next thing. Perhaps he was going to wait until everything was open to enjoy the present, but we made him stop and look at each item before demolishing the next present.And then we went to Jeff's parent's house and then my parent's house. It was exhausting.
Last year will be the last time we are travel on Christmas Day. We do it on Christmas Eve, too, and it is just too much. People are right when they say you have to create your own traditions once you have kids. I want my kids to be able to have Christmas in their own home and not be exhausted and grumpy from traveling. I guess that means we are making the grandparents travel, but they are outnumbered now, so I won't feel too bad.


2 comments:
We made Piper stop and look at her presents too before moving on. Even though none our family was there to watch her, I think it instills good manners for when there is family there and you're opening their gift...ya know?
So glad you're just going for it and keeping Christmas traditions simple. I need to think of my kids first, and enact the same plan.
Post a Comment