I love paydays (the day where you get money, not the candy...personally I don't think it is candy unless there is chocolate involved). One of my hobbies is making to-do lists just so I can get the rush of completing a task and crossing it off. On paydays, when I pay bills, it rivals or beats crossing crap of my shopping list.
A.n.y.w.a.y.... Today was the day Jeff and I planned to go to Costco and get our hoarding on. I told you, I am in nesting mode and a well-stocked fridge, freezer, and pantry is part of the nest. It was enough that we were going to hit up Costco, but towards the end of the day I got an email that I forgot I had been waiting for.
When we finished Cash's room I sent some of the pictures off to Apartment Therapy's Ohdeedoh. This site features kids rooms from a normal person's perspective--not a lot of Pottery Barn clones, etc. I love that they embrace things like Ikea and Target that other design sites often scoff at, because I don't think you have to go broke in order to have cute stuff. Anyway, I emailed them off and I didn't think much of it after that. If they liked it they would show it, if they didn't they would ignore me.
Today, I got the following email:
Hi Keiko,
I just previewed some of the photos you sent to us for consideration for a house tour on Apartment Therapy. Love the colourful and playful décor, but I have reservations due to the quality of the photos themselves. Wanted to inquire if you could borrow a better camera and send us some follow up images for consideration. I’d love to share more of your home in Mesa if possible!
Regards,Gregory
Yeah, so my camera sucks, but my kid's room is cool! How exciting, right? Like that my "Costco day" turned in to a "Call my cleaning lady day" and I scheduled a time for Josefa to work her magic. Then I emailed back to clarify whether he wanted Cash's room or my whole house. Response:
We’d love to see photos of your whole space as a possible house tour, if you’re interested (we are!). Thanks for the prompt reply.
Regards,Gregory
Eeek! They are interested. They like me, they really like me... I called Jeff and told him. He pretended not to be interested until I told him that his beloved cabinets would be the eye-candy of many o' wannabe decorators. I think he liked that because when I came home the house was all picked up for Josefa.
We'll see what happens with the Apartment Therapy thing...they might see the rest of my house and realize how tragically unhip I am and all efforts go to the kids' rooms. At least I get a housecleaning out of it!
Now, if you'll excuse me I have a Tivo full of Grey's Anatomy to catch up on. Hot damn! This is my favorite day in a long time! I am so sending Jeff to get me a strawberry milkshake...
6 comments:
OMG. Ohdeeoh wants to do your kids' room??? And your whole HOUSE???
I have a kickass camera and I will totally come over and help you shoot them. If you put in a good word for me at Apartment Therapy, that is...:)
That is SO COOL! I wish I lived there so I could take pictures. PS... you've got a goodie coming in the mail soon (hopefully soon) from the love of our lives... ETSY.
Rachel, thanks for the offer, but I solicited a photo teacher friend of mine.
Katy, ETSY! My heart be still!
This is so awesome. I love Apartment Therapy!!! I really hope they choose you. Keep us updated.
xoxo
Meg
I am super excited for you. LOVE that you went for it and sent them in. Be sure to show off those peacock curtains, which I am in lurve with.
What?! I want to know what the Etsy goods are!
You have to keep me posted on the Apartment Therapy sitch. How exciting for you!
Post a Comment