Monday, June 28, 2010

TGR: Horses!

About five minutes in to our roadtrip I told B that while we were in Kansas we would see horses. I told him if he was a really good boy on our long trip I would make sure he could ride the horses. Very slowly, using his best negotiating skills he asked, "Can I give horsies carrots?"

Yessssssss.

Billie, my mom's BFF from high school, lives out in the country, with a barn, horses, a feisty yellow lab, and a John Deere Gator. In B's eyes she is god.

B begged to ride the daddy horse, but there was a problem. The "daddy" horse, Pepper, is grumpy and has a special disdain for little kids. Eff you too Pepper.

The "mama" horse, Sugar, was the lucky gal who would be B's first horse. It didn't go so well. No matter how much cajoling from all of us, Sugar scared the crap out of B. To be fair, she was ginormous.


Alas, Cash was the lucky guy. He loved it.


B settled for leading Sugar around for a bit. I have no idea where he gets his bossy streak.

You didn't forget about the carrots, did you? Neither did B. The horses were only interested in playing with them. These horses would take them and rub them on the fence and then spit them back at you. B loved it.




Next: Grandma's House

1 comment:

Katy said...

awhhhh, cash on a horse! I read all your latest posts...road trip! Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...