Wednesday, June 30, 2010

TGR: On the road again

It was hard to say bye to grandma. We have been trying to get her to come live in Arizona for ages, but it is hard. I can only imagine how overwhelming it would be to leave everything you have known behind to start a new life in a big city at the age of 80-something.


We said good-bye and rolled out of Kingman, Kansas at 5:30am. Nothing too exciting. Just the YELLOW BRICK ROAD and some of the biggest stockyards I have seen.



You can't tell very much, but that is a massive stockyard--like square miles and rolling hills of mud and cows and poop. Looking at all of it, I couldn't help but think of two things: hamburgers and The Jungle.

So we drove and drove. B gained a fascination with peeing on the truck's tires. Whatev, he wasn't peeing his pants.

After a very long day of driving and a few pit stops, we made it all the way to Springerville (another small, boring town) in Arizona the first night and then finally HOME before noon the next day.

I learned two things on this trip: my boys are excellent travelers and my life would be better if I could pee standing up. Don't ask how I figured out the second point.

This concludes our Kansas roadtrip. We (this time with Jeff) will be traveling to Portland, Oregon for the 4th of July. We'll also be celebrating my cousin Jenna's graduation. You remember her, she is the ridiculously talented chickadee who took these gorgeous pics.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...