Sunday, September 26, 2010

Double Life

In the AM I do things like make baby food, plan meals for the week, yearn for a pedicure, and clean my floors.  B recently started playing soccer.  We didn't really prepare him well for the first game, he had a case of performance anxiety and spent most of the time sitting on the side bitching about how hot he was.  (To be fair, it was really hot.)



 Note here how he is behind the goal.

This week was much better and he even scored a goal!  We have been reliving his glory by kicking imaginary goals and yelling, "Gooooaaaaalll!"  He screams, "Goooaaattt!"

*******

In the PM I do things like go to music festivals and live the high-life at hockey games and get drinks with my friends.

Last weekend we went to Fall Frenzy and Monster Tour.  There were a bunch of different performances from bands.  Weezer, Blue October, Devo, Primus, The Dirtyheads on Saturday.  Disturbed, Stone Sour, and Avenged Sevenfold on Sunday.  Jeff and I decided if we aren't going on vacations then we will go to more concerts.


We practically died of heatstroke (AZ had record heat that day--110-degrees in September) and I was eaten alive by ants, but we had a fun time.



This weekend my brother invited us along to go to one of the Coyotes pre-season game.  His firm has fancy seats that include an all you can eat buffet and drinks.  I die.






I am pretty sure this is a guy's dream come true.

Then we met up with some friends for a drink.





Did I tell you that this was my first night away from Cash?  He is going to be 8 months next week, so it took me awhile, but I did it and I had a good time.  The first time is the worst and then you realize you need a night to be a person not a mom.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

I love feeling like a person rather than a babymaking machine. Way to go, Keiko!

Anonymous said...

Yikes--and here I thought I did a lot because I scrapbook and journal. Der...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...