I woke up to emails and text from friends asking about my family in Japan. My cousin lives south of Tokyo and, thankfully, she and the rest of her of her family are fine.
Earlier today I received an email from another cousin that my grandmother's sister and her granddaughter have given no sign that they are okay. My great aunt lives in Fukushima, near Sendai, where the tsunami has devastated and not far from one of the unstable nuclear plants. I have no recollection of Auntie Tatsu, but my entire heart is with her and her 7 year-old granddaughter she is raising.
Please keep these people and the whole of Japan in your thoughts right now.

3 comments:
Thinking of your family. Our former exchange student is in Tochigi and we have heard that she and her family are all fine. Everyone is scared though.
My niece-in-law is from Japan, and ironically, she and my nephew had scheduled a long-awaited trip home to arrive the day after the earthquake. They are there now, but luckily not close to affected area.
But oh, my heart and thoughts go out to you, your family and all of Japan. I send my wishes for their safety.
I read this last night, then saw your FB post mention that she was safe! So glad to hear that!
Post a Comment