I am going to make an effort this summer to get back in touch. I have so many friends and family members who are also making big life changes and--even with Facebook--it's difficult to keep everyone in the loop. Plus, looking back, our kids might wonder what happened to this year of their lives.
Top changes this year...
1. Work
Jeff started and finished a training program that would help him in his new career as a machinist. He is so happy with his new career path. We are so proud of him, too. After 14ish years in woodworking, working with metals keeps his creative soul happy.
I moved from the classroom to the office. I am the mean assistant principal now. It took me awhile to mentally adjust, and I still miss working with my babies, but no matter what school you go to there are amazing kids, teachers, and staff. Plus, I have some out of this world stories. Sometime I should tell you how I got the voodoo doll.
We are still in love with our house. We are still in love with our neighborhood and neighbors. I am still in love with decorating and rearranging--just ask Jeff, when I call him from the local consignment store to come pick up a tacky, vintage sofa. Since my house (I feel like I should name her or something...) was built in 1950. I love making purchases that befit her age.
3. Dogs
I told you that Paddy and Tack died in August, only weeks apart. Ugh. The worst ever. That left poor little Frisco all by himself and he was not having it. I always thought people who took their animals to therapists were a special type of asshole, but I considered joining that club for three whole minutes. We adopted Tucker, a border collie mix, in November. Then we adopted another dog, Hansel, in December. Unfortunately Hansel had to go back to the rescue because he was stressing the other dogs out and getting snippy with the boys. We are much more balanced now (allegedly).
4. The boys are growing up!
Bradley will be in 2nd grade this August. Let me repeat that: he is going into SECOND EFFING GRADE! In second grade I had my first boyfriend. In second grade I got sent to the principal's office. I vividly remember shit from 2nd grade, which means we need to pay attention because we won't be able to use the phrases: "That never happened" or "You are imagining that" or "I think that was a dream".
This is Cash's last year of preschool. He is still going to preschool for his speech, though I am not sure why. He is incredibly loud and verbose. We second-guess speech therapy at least 17 times a day. He no longer wants to be called Cashy ("I am Cash, not Cashy"), he is obsessed with his father, and he cannot get enough of trains/trucks/airplanes.
I am so pleased that things have settled down some. I learned that even though me and my family are Type A, have varying degrees of OCD, am hermits/homebodies, that we really can roll with the punches. That being said, they were good punches this year. We had friends and family experience loss and illness, so having physical health (see what I did there?) and each other is a boon.







No comments:
Post a Comment