Over the last couple months he has been asking to go to Kansas and visit great-grandma. A couple summers ago we took a road trip with my mom and a baby Cashy. Apparently, B remembers every part of this trip and wants to go back and see GG Dorothy. (Yes, that is correct, I have a grandma in Kansas named Dorothy, and she does not think it's very interesting or funny, thank you very much. And NO, she does not have a dog named Toto. Why do you ask?)
| Baby B's first trip to Kansas. |
![]() |
| The most amazing fun B has ever had in Kansas. PS- Gawd, Cash. Could you look less attractive? |
![]() |
| Grandma baked so much he always had a cookie in his hadn. Even at nap. |
![]() |
| And all the horses were there for him to ride. |
My mom decided to take B with her for a grand Kansas adventure (hint hint: grand is ironic). According to text messages, all is well, fun is being had, the little old ladies in GGD's assisted living looovve B, and it's totally my mom's fault that B barfed in the middle of the first night because he ate so many treats. K, thx, mom.
With B gone, we are parents to an only child. A child that has never had the glory of being an only child. We have taken him on the light rail a couple times, dined at real adult places, gone treasure hunting (thrift store shopping), ridden miniature ponies, and I EVEN LET HIM HAVE CANDY FOR BREAKFAST. I have a couple more activities planned for him that involve water and swimsuits. Hoorraayy! Is it me, or is it easier with one? It's me, isn't it? I totally have a warped mindset, right?
And you know what? Cash is acting amazing. He is following directions the first time and being helpful. What does this mean?! Do I have to keep giving him candy? Do I have to take him to real dinners? There is a lesson here somewhere. Hopefully it is not that I have to give up one of my children. JK. Kind of. Maybe.
To be fair, Cash gets a good case of the sads if we don't distract him. He has been asking for Bradley and when they talked on the phone the other day, I almost melted when I heard Cashy say, "I love you, Bradley." And B answered, "Yeahhh, I love you, too, Cashy."
With B gone, we are parents to an only child. A child that has never had the glory of being an only child. We have taken him on the light rail a couple times, dined at real adult places, gone treasure hunting (thrift store shopping), ridden miniature ponies, and I EVEN LET HIM HAVE CANDY FOR BREAKFAST. I have a couple more activities planned for him that involve water and swimsuits. Hoorraayy! Is it me, or is it easier with one? It's me, isn't it? I totally have a warped mindset, right?
And you know what? Cash is acting amazing. He is following directions the first time and being helpful. What does this mean?! Do I have to keep giving him candy? Do I have to take him to real dinners? There is a lesson here somewhere. Hopefully it is not that I have to give up one of my children. JK. Kind of. Maybe.
To be fair, Cash gets a good case of the sads if we don't distract him. He has been asking for Bradley and when they talked on the phone the other day, I almost melted when I heard Cashy say, "I love you, Bradley." And B answered, "Yeahhh, I love you, too, Cashy."



No comments:
Post a Comment