As if the news that my brother found a job in AZ wasn't exciting enough, now my grandmother will be coming to live in the Valley. My grandma (mom's mom) has live in a little town in Kansas her entire life and she has recently decided because of health concerns that she is going to live with my mom and dad, with her three dogs in tow. Despite that I have a pretty large extended family, I grew up with just my mom, dad, and brother in Arizona. Getting married to Jeff was overwhelming because he has a huge family and we all practically live next door to each other. It took a lot of getting used to, but it is nice to have relatives so close.
My grandmother is a total trip--I do say that with love. She once told me that she seriously considered not giving me my dog because I cursed too much. I told her when Paddy said shit for the first time I would give him back. She also questioned my sexuality when I didn't date for a few months. I explained to her I was going to England soon and not looking for a long distance relationship. She is the most incredible cook, so I hope to take advantage of many lessons, especially learning how to make the delectable lemon meringue pie she knows how to make blind folded.
4 comments:
It's nice your family is migrating here... mine all migrated away, and you've heard the horror stories of what we do have here in family. I think you learn alot from grandparents. I wish mine lived here. They've been married 64, maybe 65 years now and take everything that comes along.
That's funny that your g-ma questioned your sexuality because you were not dating for a short period of time. Because DUH, you've got to be a lesbian if you're not dating a man.
if single men skip dating for 30 days it is simply assumed they are undergoing a course of penicillin treatment
Yay for GMa's!! Yes, take every opportunity you can to learn from your grandmother's kitchen skillz. Don't forget to write the recipes down as she tells them to you too. You'll cherish the recipes forever, as well as the time you spent with her. ...but you already knew that. :)
Post a Comment