(Can you tell I am making up for my lack of posting in the last week?)
I used to call BS on people who translated what their kids would say to me. "Gryistlemo" never sounded like juice to me, but I get it now. Kind of. I really don't understand half of what my kid says and when he mumbles something and I ask, "What?" He looks right back at me, wide-eyed, hands out, fingers splayed, and responds, "What?" Like what he said was absolutely clear.
He must get this from his dad, but B can't stand not being involved in the conversations around him. He is very nosy, chatty, and gets testy if he is ignored...see, just like Jeff. His new trick is to say, "Why?" in response to everything I say, just so he can get me to keep talking to him. As a teacher I am really good at ignoring ridiculous questions and getting dragged in to debates, yet I just can't help it with my child.
1 comment:
It doesn't get any better as they get older Keiko. I have reached the point where I find it difficult to tune people in when they are talking to me. Julie is not a fan of this.
Post a Comment