Friday, April 17, 2009

Who wants to go with me?

I have always thought about taking one of the classes at Blissful Living Studio, but never really got into some of their kitschy stuff. This one strikes my fancy, especially the beginning sewing bit. I am definitely only a beginner. It's next Friday, April 24th, from 7-9:30pm.


Here is one of my recent projects. I made this for my favorite Miss Macie. It is a car seat cover that cools it down when not in use. If you live in Arizona you understand the brilliance of this, otherwise it looks silly to you.


There are little ice packs in the pockets.

You stick it in the freezer and then throw it over the car seat.

I think I have found my stupid human craft to make me Etsy-worthy. I bought one of these for $40 bucks when B was little, then I learned how to sew and felt really stupid when I figured out how easy it was.

4 comments:

brett and carly said...

Well done! I'm jealous of your sewing abilities!

Anonymous said...

ok. i need you to just tell me how much you love using the carseat cover...i bought one last summer and never, ever used it. still in the nice package it came in...though we do use the freezer packs pretty often!

ps-you are TOTALLY etsy-worthy.

witticism here said...

I don't use the car seat cover, I just use the cooling thing that sits in the car seat when we park the car and is a million degrees outside. I like it because I can just stick the whole thing in there and it lays on his seat just perfectly.

Hannah said...

I love that you posted pics of Macie's new cool cover! We can't wait to use it! Now we need to come up with a cool name for it and put it up on etsy just in time for summer! Let me know if you need help...or I can take pics of the cover on the seat bc it matches my car seat perfectly for advertising purposes! Then we can work M and B into the pics for their modeling debut! Ooh, I can't wait! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...