Monday, March 12, 2012

Guess what? Dog butt.

My dog is going to be 11 this August. That will put him at 60 in people years, which means he is bound to have health issues.

First, let me say, I can't imagine raising my children without my dog, Paddywagon. He eats all the food they throw on the floor, he gives me warning looks if they are doing something (AKA messing with his food or water bowls), he eats the food they throw on the floor, he teaches them how to act around dogs, he eats the food they throw on the floor. I am willing to look past the couple hundred times he has stolen food from the babies considering how often he has woofed up any remains of a mess.

Plus, he is pretty cute.

But this.


That people is what is beginning to tip the scales against his favor.

That is my dogs butt in a canine version of a sitz bath, because he is having butt issues. That is tube of ointment that I have to rub on my dogs butt when he is done with his butt bath. That is not how I want to spend my nights.


That is the picture I will show to my boys someday when they want another dog and ask them, "Are you willing to put your hypothetical dog's butt in a bath for 10 minutes (not an easy task) and then rub medicine into his butt?"

1 comment:

Ern said...

Awe. Poor Paddy. The things we do for our animal family members. Hang in there. I hope Paddy heals and the butt rituals are temporary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...