Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hell has frozen over

Two people I never thought I had anything in common with, other than the whole needing oxygen and water to survive part, provided soundbites I agreed with this week. The world really is coming to an end.

Mike Huckabee (former prez candidate) on our blooming economy:

"I'm disappointed and disgusted with my own Republican Party as I watch them attempt to strong-arm a bailout of some of America's biggest corporations by asking taxpayers to suck up the staggering results of the hubris, greed, and arrogance of those who sought to make a quick buck by throwing the dice." Fortune


Lynne Spears (2006, 2007, and 2008 nominee for Mother of the Year award) on teen pregnancy:

"I mean, the mother, [Sarah] Palin, was celebrated for this. Every woman in the world has applauded her strength and her convictions and poor little old Jamie Lynn - you saw how she was crucified. Everybody did, firsthand ... I just feel like it's been a very hypocritical situation." Newsweek

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...