Sunday, September 14, 2008

You stole my name!

I'm starting to get the baby itch, again. Don't get excited. This time around it will be a slow-build, mainly because I know what I am getting myself in to. Don't get me wrong, I love my bebe, but I am forever scarred by the chapped "lips" of breastfeeding, endless drool, the spontaneity of barf, etc.

My baby itch starts with thinking of names. (I'm expecting feedback, especially from you Ms. Holliday.) Here are some names I am liking for numero dos. Only boy names because I have my girl name. No I will not tell you.

  • Sebastian- I would prolly call him Bastian (in a whisper) a la the Childlike Princess from the movie Neverending Story.
  • Theo- My gpa's name is Theodore, not cuz of Cosby.
  • Cash- bc Jeff and my gpa love(d) Johnny Cash.
  • Elliot- I adore this name period.
  • Henry- It's my dad's. Yes, it could be weird, but cathartic when I am scolding him.
  • Owen- The first time around I liked this for a girl, but everyone thought I was crazy.
  • Milo- Relatively new to my list, so it might not be around long.

Sometimes I think about having a big family because I like the idea of a full house and (honestly) so I can use all my bebe names. Then I remember how much I like vacations and eating out.

Hmmm, after writing this short bit, the itch has subsided. For now.

13 comments:

Jillsywillsy said...

My cousin's 1-year-old is Henry. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but now I love it. We call him Hank (like your dad).

Ern said...

Of course I have something to say! hahaha. Critiquing names is my thang. I know what you mean about wanting a bunch of children and being able to utilize your favorite names. ...but in my case, the SOLE reason for having multiple children would be just to use my favorite names. and to dress them in cute clothes. Thus, a good reason for me NOT to procreate.

I love all of your names, Keiko. I love namesakes, when they happen to be names you like. Like E's dad's name is Claude. Yeah, not gonna use that name. Theodore is my gpa's name too! Love it. But we call my papa Ted. Love that name, especially since I love my papa. LOVE Henry... and LOVE that it's your dad's name too. Love Cash. It's cool, but not really all that pretentious like some other names I've heard of (email worthy!). Love Sabastian... it's a fairly traditional name, but still "young" . Love Elliott! that's Tessy's son's name, and he is ADORABLE! sorry, can't remember the other's if there were any. :) Good job.

Oh, and I know your pick for a girl's name. If you want to keep it a secret, it's gonna cost you. ;)

Ern said...

Just checked. Owen and Milo were the remainders. Do I dare be brutally honest? Some people pick names that are cutesy.. keep in mind that babies grow up to be MEN and WOMEN. But of course, you name your child a total Man's name, and it's hard calling your baby "Cornelius" or "Herman" or "Walter". You have to find something that can subside babyood . Quite a balancing act, eh?

I come from a strong legacy of cowboys, and it seems as though my aunts and uncles and cousins are bound and determined to name their children cowboy names. Owen is a cowboy name. It's really cute. I have a cousin named Owen, and he is such a doll. But I'm sure the roots to the name Owen isn't cowboy... so it's not like it's strictly limited to the countryside. And it's a strong man's name too.

Milo is really, really cute too. Maybe too "cute" though? I don't know.

OOH! I have the perfect boy names for you. "Track" and "Trig"... hope you get the joke. hahaha!

Anonymous said...

so Elliot gets my vote by far. I love it so much. I went to school with an Elliot, but otherwise it's not out there too much as far as I know.

Milo makes me think of Milo and Otis. i'm crazy.

sebastian is a character from the little mermaid. again, i'm crazy.

Keeping It Virtual said...

LoveSebastian, and he could also be Bas for short (ohh... is that from Cruel Intentions??). Anyway it's cute for a kid, strong for an adult.

Elliott is a great name. As is Henry (Hank), Owen, Theo. I don't like Milo, because I know a Milo, and he's a great big BRAT. So it's not based on anything sound. Go with it, because I'm sure your kid could turn it around.

You seem to like "old" names. Might I suggest Emmet? No, that's not a Cullen reference. I LOVE the name Emmet, and since I'm not having anymore kids, I want someone else to use it.

Cash, by the way, is going unmentioned, simply because my tubes are yet untied, and if I do have a boy, by some unexpected occurrence, I am so using it.

witticism here said...

I am definitely thinking Milo is out. That is a good doggie name.

Being a teacher really messes up names for me. Even if I like the kid, the name goes out the door.

Renee, I think if you named your tres Cash, he would feel left out with the other two. He would be too rockabilly-ish and the others would be hippie-ish.

Anonymous said...

J e f f r i n a is her girl name. Thanks for that Cakes.

Cassandra said...

I hate coming up with names too...which is what we are in the middle of with this bebe. All the names I really like the hub doesn't like and vice versa.

BTW, I like Henry a lot. A timeless classic and namesake, in your case.

Renee said...

Did you just call my kids hippies?

I may have to cut you.

ripley263 said...

Milo - OUT!!!! Cash Dilbeck is just such a natural! How about Cash Theo Dilbeck? Love it! Your grandmother will really be ticked AND your mother will be hurt, if somehow, somewhere one of your children is not somehow connected with that side of the family.
- your Mother

witticism here said...

I really can't argue with my mom. But I will post crap about you on Postcards from Yo Momma. hehehehe

Hannah said...

Ok, I love name talk! My favs are Elliot and Theo, but love Henry as well bc it's a family name...maybe for a middle name? Oh, and I love your girl name too and why you picked it...such a cool story!

witticism here said...

Hannah, I love that I finally got you to comment on here. Now the elusive Erin R. needs a voice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...