Saturday, October 16, 2010

The ecstasy and the agony

I know you are thinking, "A puzzle, Keiko?? You are blogging about a puzzle?"

The answer: "Eff yeah!  It was a 1000 pieces!  This thing consumed our lives for a week!"

Jeff and I have been trying to refocus on the two of us.  It's pretty difficult to remember you are a duo when you have a three year-old bossing you around and an 8 month-old who lives to eat.

I know a puzzle is an odd choice, I mean, what's next?  Wheel of Fortune?  It was perfect for us because we have a great-room layout, so the boys could be in the room with us, yet separated by the baby gate.  

This is the poster of the "finished product".

Doesn't look so bad nestled in a box.

Holy balls!  That is half our kitchen table.

The only thing we could do was start with the border.

Then we were screwed. 


But it started coming together!

 That bitch's hat was a lot harder than it looks.



Finally!  There was a light at the end of the tunnel.

 We only have three more pieces left.  But, we didn't have any more pieces.

Nooo!

 Noooooooo!

Our finished product.
(Seriously, I almost sent Jeff outside to look through dog poop.)

The end product was slightly flawed, but it was still worth it.  (Did you get the implied metaphor there?)

It sounds dorky, but we had a lot of fun and it was much needed time together.  It even gave us time to discuss a new business project.  More to come on that!


2 comments:

Cassandra said...

That actually is pretty cool. And since I'm a COKE addict, I give you a thumbs up on the choice of puzzle.

Renee said...

Why you gotta knock The Wheel?

Eric and I have big plans to do the White Album puzzle as an item on my bucket list. Love that you showed us it can be done without ending in legal separation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...